There are several LCM communities, in family-sized units, throughout Southern Africa. Sisters from these come together regularly for prayer, reflection and recreation. Their ministries include: nursing, parish work, theological study, chaplaincies to prison and college, school retreats, administration and nursing education. We are all focused on building up the people of God in our local areas, through friendship and being good neighbours.
The sisters minister at Mashambanzou Care Trust
- working with people living with, and those affected by HIV and AIDS in the high density areas of Harare.
- At the creche in Mbare, the sisters work with the disadvantaged children, providing them with education, food and clothing at times.
The sisters in Murambinda provide the heathcare services to the people of Buhera through:
- Praying for and with patients
- Doing administrative work
- Social services
The LCM sisters in Mutare are involved in a variety of ministries such as:
- Parish work
- Pastoral work
- Visiting the sick
- Social justice
- Orphan support
- the sisters have a community responsible for hospitality, formation of our novices and they also keep watch with the dying.
In Port Elizabeth:
- There are two communities, Newton Park and Missionvale. In Newton Park the sisters pray for the sick and dying and are responsible for keeping the archieves of the region.
- Missionvale Care Center serves the people of Missionvale through provision of basic services.The centre grew from strength to strength under the leadership of Sr. Ethel Normoyle. For more information please visit www.missionvale.co.za